Friday, January 2, 2009

Kiu Kiu's birthday

1st of January, the very first day of the year, celebrated with fireworks and parties all over the world and as it happens it is also Joyce's little cousin's birthday. So when I talked with Joyce on New Year's Eve she invited me to come over and have cake with them on New Year's Day.

Rather tired after the long night of celebrations I still headed out in the "morning" to buy him a little gift; I found a nice Thomas & Friends puzzle after a not very long time of searching and as soon as I had my breakfast after that I headed out to take my 15 minutes MTR ride to Kwun Tong and one hour plus bus ride from there to Tin Shui Wai. The day was absolutely wonderful, the sunniest day of the year so far (and in a few weeks) and fortune had smiled on me so that I came just in time to join them all for two o'clock dim sum, which I reached strangely hungry, felt nearly starved despite the recent breakfast.

I teased Kiu Kiu with the gift for a while and ended up having to carry it around for most of the day because of that as we parted after dim sum and Joyce and I stayed out in the sun and Kiu Kiu lined up (or had his uncle and dad stand in line) for a inflated jumping tower. He got his gift later when he got back home, since we actually got there before him, and I helped him lay it out. After that I was beaten miserably in Chinese chess by a 7 year old, very embarrassing, and we had dinner and after that a splendid mango cake.

It was a very nice day and really warm but when I made my one and a half hour ride home at about 9pm it was really cold. It was a very nice start for the new year.

No comments: