Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A new home.

For a few nights now I have slept on the 50th (actually 44th) floor in a Tin Shui Wai Central Park Tower One. The rent started on the 1st of this month but I got 7 days for free so I got the keys on February 22nd and on the Tuesday after (which was a day off for me) Shirley (who also was not working) helped me to buy some cleaning stuff and clean the place up. Moving went really smooth, day after Janice's birthday party (last Wednesday), which really was a lot of fun by the way; I could get help from Ariel who had taken the day after the party off. A group of movers, skillfully arranged by Man, came and carried my stuff downstairs and loaded it in a truck, 45 minutes later we arrived in Tin Shui Wai and they carried my stuff up and it was done.

Since then I have visited IKEA like 5-6 times to check out furniture I want, the only thing I can actually buy is a "Karlstad" 'L'-shaped sofa which I will buy as soon as I get my salary next week. I did buy a lot of kitchen wares (IKEA has a set called "Tillaga" start set which contains most of the basics for a kitchen) and other small stuff. I have looked at stuff and drawn plans for how I want it and calculated the total price; I will probably be able to pay back Mom and my friend within a year and furnish this apartment, excluding the very important TV, stereo and game consoles that will decorate some of the furniture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post. I would say that this singapore shopping directory offers a lot of selections too. Might be useful for you or your readers.