Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bread

I baked my first real loaf of bread last night, turned out great.

Recipe:
7dl flour (don't know what kind but it hardly matters, and I actually got about 2dl leftover)
2 dl water
½dl olive oil
a very big tbs honey, I guess it should be about 1½tbs honey (I don't have any liquid honey so I used normal)
½ts salt
ca 25g yeast (I use a kind of fresh yeast that is longer expiration date, it doesn't work exactly like normal yeast though)

  • mix around 2½dl flour and the salt in a bucket
  • warm up water, oil and honey to about 40-50 degrees centigrade then add the yeast (I guess that should be finger warm for normal yeast)
  • pour the mixture over the flour and salt mix
  • work it and add flour until it's a good solid piece of thought that is easy to work with
  • rise for 45 minutes under a towel
  • work the though again and add more flour if needed, work it into a loaf and put it on a pan
  • rise again for 30 minutes under a towel
  • bake it in oven at 175 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes
  • let cool down for 10 minutes
  • Feast with butter, honey and cheese!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gott med hembakat bröd, ser fint ut!

ska be niklas testa receptet:)