Sunday, July 8, 2007

Depression, and what it can lead to...

I first met her on a winter-afternoon in a Japanese guy's room in Vildanden, I remember it clearly because it was the same afternoon that I met Joyce for the first time, but this is not about Joyce. She was a funny girl, maybe a little bit odd but I couldn't help to like her, free spirited and open. She is the one who taught me my first dirty words in Cantonese, PK or pok guy, and some other things, it might even had been she who taught me to say I love you to Joyce.

I know she was depressed though, never really saw it myself but I have heard. I heard she was interested in someone in Lund, so I was a bit surprised to hear that when she came back to Sweden she went to northern Sweden instead, as far away from here as you can possibly come.

Last I saw of her was when she came back to Sweden, it was winter holiday and she came to Lund to say hi to friend before she went on north to continue her studies, I think it was Umeå she went to but I'm not sure. I remember that night mostly because she came while Kimmy was visiting, and it was even Kimmy that opened the door for her while I was still in bed, and maybe she thought it was something between me and Kimmy despite my relationship with Joyce (there was never anything between Kimmy and me). She wore bulky winter clothes, kinda looked like a tiny black Micheline man, it looked kinda funny. She seemed happy to be back and she gave me a something from Joyce.

I only heard from her once since that, she was coming down to Lund for a friend's wedding, just during the Lundakarneval, but I never had time to see her then, I guess both of us were too bust to meet, Lundakarnevalen is a busy time.

I don't really know why, I guess it had something to do with love, but she was depressed. So depressed that she didn't find any way out. I just hope, no I believe, that she is in a better place now. Lesley died, only a few days ago, suicide.

I'm not sure that it is OK for me to write about this, if anyone thinks so then tell me and I will remove it. But I just wanna say that she was a great girl, unfortunately she didn't agree.

Goodbye Lesley, may the afterlife be kinder to you than this life was, we mourn you and we miss you.

No comments: