Saturday, July 21, 2007

Progress update:

Summer job is going well; I have found more to do and I have learng enough to actually do something, I'm also working on my personal customization for the T650i that I have borrowed and that dad has (so maybe I can get it from before I leave). My mentor has gone on holiday now, so I have no one to support me as closely anymore, hopefully I can handle myself and use the other co-workers instead, I think next week will be quite empty though, more and more people are going on holiday, the Chinese girl, Qian, is still there though, I talk to her from time to time. I haven't gotten enough hours though, I think I have around 38-39 hours per week now as it is, I hope I can catch up with that before I'm done, otherwise there will be less money, I'm just too tired to stay later than 5.30pm every day and I always oversleep in the morning so I don't get there until just before 9am.

The TEFL course is going quite slow, I managed to finish nearly two full modules last weekend, but I'm always too tired in the weekdays to do anything. The job in Chengdu says they have sent me the invitation and the contract now, and I have already bought the flight ticket to Hong Kong but not yet any tickets from Hong Kong to Chengdu, I plan to stay in Hong Kong between the 9th of August until the 13th. I really hope I can get a VISA now, I'm actually a bit worried about that; they say that I need a diploma to get a work visa (I think the Z-VISA) and I don't have that, instead they want me to get a 6 months visitors visa, I have heard that it might be OK to work with that though, but I'm not sure.

Training is going bad, I haven't had time to train at all since I started working, or rather I didn't have energy, at least most of the time. I have lost weight though, I'm not sure but I think I'm under 100kg now at least, I think it's because I changed my eating habits, both eating more regularly and that I don't eat bread in the mornings anymore, I just don't have time to eat anything but müsli. It's good anyway, Nana said I look slimmer when I saw her after she came back from China.

No comments: