Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Cube

For those of you how know the cube game you know it's hard to play it if you know the rules but I have been asked so many times when playing it; what my cube is like, so I have closed my eyes and thought and thought about it for long periods of times and tried not to manufacture things to be according to my will but think of what pops up in my mind; the way it should be. So this is my cube, for those who know how you are welcome to analyze it:

The cube is in the middle, it's rather big but not enormous (I would say each side is 1.2-1.4m). It's floating in mid air about half its own height above the ground and it's spinning around its horizontal axel, sometimes it spins quicker and sometimes slower but it never stops. The color cannot be distinguished, perhaps it is because it's spinning, maybe even different sides are different colors, but I would guess that it is either white or black but sometimes it seems to be a shade of blue. I think it's totally opaque, or rather it could actually be somewhat transparent; it seems you can see into it but not through it but that is really impossible to actually see, but it's probably just an illusion, it is opaque.

The ladder is along the wall to the right of the cube when seen from the entrance; it is not all the way to the wall but closer to the wall than to the cube. It is a tall ladder, actually infinitely tall. At a first glance it looks easy to climb but when then you realize it is impossible to ever reach the top anyway. Even as tall as it is it doesn't really take up much space, the cube actually seems to be looming over the ladder. There is no distinguished color or material to the ladder, just seems to be a normal aluminum or iron ladder made of rounded metal bars as thin as a thumb.

The horse is standing on the opposite side of the cube from the ladder, she is quite big, I would say bigger than the cube actually. I think she is white, but there is something black about her too; perhaps the mane and tail are black. She has big brown eyes but she is looking away so you can't see it clearly. It's a nice horse, a horse you would want to take care of; I want to make sure it's safe. And I want it to come closer to the cube, but she doesn't. Actually it seems she is an illusion and not really there at all.

The house seems to be small and hidden in one of the far end corners almost like it's been forgotten there. It is just a normal Swedish falu-red cottage with white frames and a roof that you can't really see what color it's supposed to be.

The garden covers all the ground behind the cube, seen from the entrance. It is a green garden with leafy bushes and red flowers, green soft grass covering the ground and a clear sun touching it from above.

The weather is a dark cloud looming high above between the cube and the illusion of the horse. I is not so dark that I would call it a storm, and it won't be a storm I know that, but some people might think it will and want to go inside not to be hit by lightning, it does however have a light drizzle pouring down from it and wetting the floor between horse and cube.

That's it; as clear as it comes to me. Now I should really try to fall asleep.

No comments: